Colours of Ireland
Green (peas), White (quinoa) and Orange (sweet potato)
First up in my little book of recipes, is one of the staple dishes of my vegetarian dog food diet, based on three core ingredients – peas, quinoa, and sweet potato.
And for desert, chopped banana (but that doesn’t really match with the Irish theme…)
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups water
1 large sweet potato
1 cup frozen garden peas
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and cut sweet potato into chunks
- Place potato on baking tray and leave of middle shelf for 30-45 minutes
- Add water to pan and bring to boil
- Add quinoa to pan and simmer on low heat until water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy
- Microwave peas in bowl of shallow boiling water for 2 minutes of 800W, or alternatively, boil for 2 minutes in medium sized sauceplan
- Mix quinoa, peas and quinoa, and serve to your pup
- (chop ripe banana and serve for dessert!)
More vegetarian dog food recipes to come, as well as a series on vegan dog treats!